Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Importance of Seasons

Hi, its been a while since I last wrote here, but I promise I will try and get better. A lot of things have occurred since February, but I can't wait to get back with this blogging thing. Once again it was my mom's friend who asked me when I was writing another post..."Bethany, when are you going to start your blog again, your words are sweet like honey to my soul. You truly know how to put all the misery and mundane-ness of life into a beautiful picture that always portrays Christ." Woah, thanks for the jolting of my mind & the sly rock-n-roll reference in your affirmation to me :) But to be honest, I really hadn't thought about it lately since I've been filling up journals left and right but what she said got me thinking. I truly know from experience that we all go through certain things in this journey, it might be good and it might be bad but it all works together in a way that is ultimately going to make you look more like Christ; so why not share them? I've learned that even when I feel like I'm alone in my journey and might be the only one going through it (the enemy likes to tell me that lie) that eventually when I share it or rejoice that I made it through on my hands and knees, that there was someone beside me along the way that is going through the exact thing. So here's some encouragement, when you are on this journey and feel like the enemy has jumped on your back and that you're in this place alone, I encourage you to just share it with someone! I don't think I've ever met someone who isn't open to hear your struggles and victories because not only does it encourage and strengthen the body of believers around you, it once again faithfully confirms that the joining of the saints is an incredible way to beat the enemy. So I digress, all of that to say I've been in a season this past couple of months and looking back, it has all started to make sense...questions and all.

This has been my thought process in the recent months - "This season kinda sucks. I can't wait for it to be over and step into the next one."

What's the problem with this? I am not being present in my current season. I feel like a lot of the time, we are quick to name the current season we are in as "the toughest season" thus far; but ever season of life is going to have its struggles and its triumphs.

God works in ways sometimes that we can't understand. It is so important to keeo yourself present in the season that God has you in.

In the winter, do you think that the trees are anxious they will ever grow leaves again? They are so rooted and grounded, they know they are going to bloom again. They don't question if they'll have leaves again, they just know because that's how it has always happened. They get the necessity of seasons (fruitfulness & barrenness) and know that one must occur for the other one to follow.

But in the seasons that feel like winter, when everything is dry and barren, remember when your roots are held, If you are rooted in Christ, you don't have to question if you will bloom again. There is a reason that God has you in the season you are in currently. He wants to do something and teach you something through it. if you fixate on the season to come and not your present season, you will miss out on the things He has for you now. & what He teaches you in this season is preparing you for next season...He's merely equipping you for the next step of your journey.

So no matter how dry and barren your current season feels, root yourself in God and His promises that harvest time is coming. Even when you have no idea what is going on, don't fear because we know who our Father is. Turn your affections to Him, let everything go that is holding you back and take advantage of the place you are in.

"You might not know what He is doing but you know who He is."

Be Blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment